MIRRORS

 Perspective, I keep talking about it. It bewilders me how different a situation seems to totally change when you switch your point of view. Scratch that, everything changes depending on how you view it. I have a personal example; those who know me personally will tell you that I am insane about cars. It's to the point where I cannot even have a dream or favorite car because each of them seems to have their own unique appeal (allow me to geek a little) for instance I like simple cars like these classic A91 and A92 corollas because of how simple and almost basic they are, there's a beauty in that simplicity and convenience, a car that can take any sort of beating smiling. Another example is a Range Rover, the epitome of styling and plush comfort. You cannot roll up in a Range without exuding swagger and class but, the beauty of this beast is costly, we're talking about parts that cost as much as the aforementioned corolla and almost six digit labor costs because of its complexities. I for one would rather have like seven corollas than have a Range Rover for my own reasons. I know someone somewhere is thinking I am insane for thinking like that and that goes to show the difference in perspective and preference. I used to think that what others see and perceive about you was a direct reflection of what you emit from your character or personality but after some observation and experiences I've come to realize that there it takes a special kind of person to TRY and see a proper reflection of your light within them. We are shaped by our pasts, the people we have spent time with and experiences. These are some things that turn our malleable selves into us (bear with my sub-par explanations). Unless you have been through the mould with anyone then they will never fully see why you are forged the way you are. You might go your full lifetime without ever finding somebody who will see into the nooks of your persona and properly interpret you. It's a little sad but then again if you are truly at peace with yourself this shouldn't even be an issue to you. Also the reverse of it, sometimes we do not know what we are projecting onto the already distorted mirrors of another's perception and when we see the reflection we do not understand it ourselves. What do you talk about, how do you act, what emotion do you most elicit or is most tied to you? Humans are distorted mirrors of self image and that is why true reflection is only possible within ourselves. That is true reflection. Do not wait around to see a perfect reflection of yourself through others, work internally and make your ideal image so clear that it is unable to miss.

Now that the art has been showcased, I hope you are doing alright wherever you are and thank you for taking your time to read my article. For those who are used to getting the links to my blog on instagram, I am no longer able to post my links there due to policy (I do not know why tf) so I made a whatsapp chat where I will be posting them link down below so help me share it and expand my reach. Thank you for your time!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/G0PUu958qNjAeSVnleLUiy

Comments

  1. Men!!!the tea you were drinking while writing this slapped coz wueh💯😪...truly perspective is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a banger!
    ~ True reflection is only possible within ourselves, I like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts